We were supposed to leave home at 8:3o to get to Nyköping early. But we woke up that time instead – because all of us had a bad night. Tuwa had a nightmare that scared her tremendously – about a man in gray pants, pink shirt, with red hair that resembled her old teacher Britt’s, a weird walk and said “I love you” the whole time. He was a murdered, according to Tuwa who woke us all up at 3 am. We didn’t sleep again until it was 4:30.

As we prepared to leave, I saw in the news that there was a road accident with a lorry in Södertälje. The road was blocked. We were hoping the traffic would ease in a couple of hours so we waited. But as we were on the road, we heard on the radio that traffic was worse since the bridge was damaged. We had to drive west of lake Mälaren to get to Nyköping where Tuwa’s grandpa and relatives were celebrating this Christmas-like holiday. That would take us three hours according to Marcus’ calculations.

So we drove back.

We went to in Bromma and Bromma Blocks where the parking lot is almost empty. This was the best time to shop – nobody was around!

Back in Solna, at the park in Skytteholmspark, there were but a few souls in sight.

We had the pleasure of meeting our new neighbors though. To my surprise, they are from Oman – the country I worked in for two years! Selma (pronounced Salma) is taking her PhD in immunulogy (with specialisation in sleeping disease, a disease carried by mosquitoes in the sub-saharan area) at Karolinska sjukhuset. She lives with her husband who took the time off from his job at the Royal Yacht Club in Oman to take care of his kid while she studied.

She described me Sweden – from a point of view of somebody who has only lived here for ten months. She finds every thing so expensive. It is so much cheaper to live in America, she said.

They rent their one-bedroom apartment in the same building as we bought ours, cost 12 000 crowns per month, for instance. But she prefers to live in Solna than anywhere else cheaper.

She promised to give me frankincense from Oman. We are going to meet again. I like that.

We also met another 83-year old lady, Catalina, who walked her chihuahua in the park. We talked a while and befriended her dog, and then with a fluke of luck she invited Tuwa to take her dog for a walk whenever we could. So we took her phone and would meet her soon, too. Perhaps every day.

What a fatefully wonderful day.