Big thinkers, according to David Schwartz, author of the classic international bestseller The Magic of Thinking Big” (first published 1959):
- are specialists in creating positive, forward-looking pictures in their minds and the minds of others.
- avoids the petty cut-him-down language.
- Visualizes what can be done in the future
- adds value to self, others and things
- Rub shoulders with other success-oriented people. Stimulation from others is excellent mind food. Mix with people outside your occupational area and social interest to stimulate you.
- Concentrate on what others are saying.
What makes a good speaker: she has something to say and wants people to hear it.
Counter tradition paralysis: Traditional thinking is personal enemy number one for the person interested in creative personal success.
Don’t let ideas escape – write them down. Then cultivate and fertilize them. Believe it can be done.